Health care professionals cannot deliver the best possible patient care without technologically advanced equipment. The experienced and skills of doctors, dentists, and health care workers are barely sufficient to cope with the demands of taking care of patients, especially sensitive medical cases. Equipment and medical supplies fill this gap in order to provide patients with the best possible treatment and care.
Due to the developments of medical and dental supplies and equipment, more lives are saved by Australian medical professionals over the years. However, not all hospitals and health care facilities are equipped with necessary equipment and supplies. These medical facilities rely on the resourcefulness and dedication of hospital professionals to provide the best care possible for patients.
A world-class hospital or dental clinic should feature the latest and most technologically advanced equipment in order to cope with the varying demands of patient care. These medical care facilities are expected to have these pieces of equipment and supplies:
- Defibrillators – These pieces of equipment are used to attend to patients suffering from life-threatening conditions, including but not limited to ventricular fibrillation, cardiac dysrhythmia, and tachyarrhythmia. Defibrillators utilizes therapeutic dose of electrical energy to restore normal heart rhythm of the patient.
- Electrocardiogram machines – EKG machines are used to record the patient’s heart electrical activity over time. Basically, these machines allow medical professionals monitor the overall rhythm of the patient’s heart, providing them an overall look of the heart’s condition. These machines play a very important role in medical facilities as they allow doctors to diagnose any abnormalities in the patient’s heart rhythm.
- Sterilizers – Sterilizers are important medical facility equipment as they are used to sterilize medical and dental items and supplies. Sterilizers kill different forms of bacteria, spores, viruses, and bacteria. Sterilizing medical supplies can dramatically prevent spread of contagious diseases in the medical facility, protecting not only the patients but the hospital workers as well. These pieces of equipment are essential in any medical and dental procedure such as invisible braces, clear braces, teeth aligners, teeth straightening, and invisalign.
- Electrosurgical units – These units are extremely important in surgical operations. These pieces of equipment are used in cutting or altering tissues during medical surgical operations. Basically, by using electric currents, these units are used to cauterize and reduce blood loss of the patient during surgery.
- Anesthesia machines – Proper level of anesthesia is extremely important during surgical operations. From major medical operations to invisalign, anesthesia machines’ role is to ensure accurate and continuous flow of anesthesia to the patient, assuring proper level of anesthesia. A typical anesthesia machine works through ventilator, suction unit, and monitoring device.
These pieces of equipment can only serve best if they are used properly. Hence, it is extremely necessary for health care facilities to train their workers on how to effectively use these machines and equipment pieces. In relation to this, hospital workers must religiously follow protocols and guidelines on how to properly use these equipment pieces so as to avoid any errors that could cost the patient’s health.
Hospitals and health care facilities should also strongly consider having a back-up unit per equipment they have. This is to ensure that when one unit gives up, they have a readily available replacement, preventing any untoward incident from happening. Having a ready replacement piece on hand will ensure patients of quality medical services, and could spare them from life-threatening situation. This is why it is important for medical facilities to order a back-up unit whenever purchasing one. Furthermore, facilities must maintain their equipment on a regular basis. Regularly diagnosing these machines and units for repairs can save the hospital thousands of dollars in maintenance costs.
In a nutshell, hospitals can only provide the best patient care possible if they have highly skilled and dedicated staff and technologically advanced machines and equipment. If without one of these elements, a hospital can only do so much.